Thursday, December 31, 2009

Goodbye Christmas. Hello 2010!

We decided to take down all of our Christmas decorations today. Surprisingly, it only took about an hour. Since we started decorating as soon as we moved in, it feels like our house is less moved in than it was the first week we were here! We have a huge void in one of our arches in the living room. The only thing in that huge nook is an electrical outlet! So I have no idea what to do with that space. Seriously, we need help guys! Give me some ideas pretty please!

On another note, it's almost 2010! I have mixed feelings about 2009. Personally, and as a married unit, we had a pretty great year. We adopted the sweetest puppy a person could ever hope for and we bought our first home. Oh yeah, and I got a job as a teacher this year! For some of our friends though, it has been the worst year of their lives. Here's to wishing everybody the best year in 2010! Happy New Year!



View of most of the living room. Two equal arches on both sides of the fireplace. New sectional (see previous posts) will replace ugly bachelor couches soon! I'm not really a fan of that bookcase against the wall on the left either. Excuse the mess... although the Christmas decor is packed, it's not yet in the garage!


View from the front door. Arch is on the left. Pardon the poor quality of the pictures -- I was playing around with the shutter speed.

3 comments:

  1. hmm, i would say maybe move the bookshelf to the arch? or maybe hang a large mirror or piece of art? my parents have a big empty wall in their living room that they hung a fake antique, church-looking mirror on. that is kind of a weird space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the arch would look nice if you put a piece of artwork or a really nice framed wedding picture. You could maybe put a recessed light at the top of the arch so it would shine down on and highlight the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for the advice! I'm so sorry I'm just now seeing these comments; I thought I had email notification. Oops!

    We have two paintings that were custom framed at Michaels so that they're now the same size (if that makes sense). I think we're going to center each of them in the arches. I LOVE the idea of adding extra lighting to showcase them. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete