Saturday, December 12, 2009

Furniture shopping = not fun anymore

I'm so sick of shopping for furniture!! It seems like we've been everywhere and have yet to buy a thing. Is it because I'm just THAT picky!? We found one bed and one sectional that we absolutely loved at Havertys, but it seems that every other place we go to has inferior furniture (Rooms to go, Lacks, Star, Thomasville, World Market, Roomstore, mom & pop places, etc.). Today we went to Pottery Barn and Restoration Hardware to get some design ideas and holy moly, if I could decorate my house with their things I think we'd end up spending more on furniture than our entire house!!

I've found that every piece of furniture we see we are comparing to Havertys. Is that our sign? Should we just take the plunge and buy what we love instead of settling for meh stuff?

(By the way, here's a picture of the couch we want...)

(and... the bed)

3 comments:

  1. ooh! pretty new format! and i love the furniture. i think if you're comparing everything to it, then that's probably what you love most, and i would go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, Tori. I think we are twins. Our couch is almost identical to the one you have posted above. We bought our sectional at Room & Board, and it's turned out to be totally meh in quality. If you can swing it, go for the nice sofa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's too funny. I told my husband I thought we were twins too! We currently have a rather meh couch from Rooms to Go. Granted, it's six years old but really, should a couch that only two people sit on be falling apart!?

    ReplyDelete