Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Decorating sorrows, oh my!

I used to think of myself as an avid decorator who knew the current trends and could put a room together if I had the chance. So why is it that now that Zac and I own a home, OUR home that we can do WHATEVER we want to it, I have absolutely NO idea how to decorate. I think realizing that I can't have it all right now like I'm used to has put a damper on things. It's just not like that on HGTV... in thirty to sixty minutes you have complete home makeovers. Why isn't it that easy in real life!?

I honestly don't even know where to start. Big things? Little things? Whole house? One room? Big room to start? Little room to start? Most important/lived in room or least? I always wanted to be an interior designer so maybe it's time I go to school for it. (Just kidding! I could never leave my babies!) In the meantime I will continue pouring (pouring? poring? hmm...) over home decorating magazines for some inspiration.

Any ideas are much appreciated! Or at the very least, may I have some direction for Christmas decorating? Sadly, I have to add on a budget this year. (Look Dad, I said budget! I'm all grown up!)

No comments:

Post a Comment