Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sleep Success

As I'm blogging, Addie is next to me in her Rock 'n Play putting herself to sleep. Our day was way off schedule, so I knew bedtime would be an adventure. We slept in today until 11:00 AM before heading out to brunch at Z'tejas around 11:30. She took a nap from about 2-3 PM and then again from about 6-7:15 PM. My little giraffe usually naps twice a day if we're lucky for about 30 min - 1 hour tops. After her last nursing she was still wide awake so I put her in the RnP next to me as I blogged in the dark. It took about 25 minutes, but I'm about 98% certain she's asleep. She talked to herself for most of the time, but slowly drifted off, needing her paci only once.

I must say, I missed her falling asleep while nursing. I am glad that we've transitioned her from sleeping in the swing (since day 5) to now sleeping in the RnP. It's safer and I don't have to get out of bed on the rare occasion that she should awake. If you don't have one, get one. Trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment