Saturday, March 2, 2013

30 Things in 30 Days; Day 2

Day 2: Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears.

1. Failure: My entire life I've been good at everything I do, and usually without trying too hard. This can make me feel really guilty, but it does make life easier. It sounds bad to type out, but it is what it is. I'm so afraid of life catching up with me and of losing everything I have. My family, my job, my credibility. Just, failing at life. I don't handle doing things badly, so I try to do everything right. It's scary to think that one bad decision could lead me to failure. I'm sure there are some homeless people who never thought they'd end up the way they did!

2. World Ending: I think I watch too many movies and read too many books. My favorite genre is anything having to do with the world ending whether by zombies, natural disasters, or disease. It terrifies me to think that the world may end, not because I would live to see it, but because my children and grandchildren might not.

3. Paralysis: Years ago I watched a movie, The Diving Bell and the Butterfly, a memoir based on the life of a famous magazine editor, Jean-Dominique Bauby. He suffered a massive stroke at the age of 43, that left him with locked-in syndrome, total and complete paralysis except for the ability to see and blink. The worst part was that his mind was completely normal and functioning, but he couldn't move a muscle. I'm so terrified of something similar happening to me and it would come without warning!

No comments:

Post a Comment