Monday, April 11, 2011

She's a GIRL!!

Addie has been sick so I took her to the doctor today. While we were in the waiting room a lady came in with two of her children, a fourth grade son and a two year old daughter. The daughter immediately comes up to Addie and gently touches her foot and smiles. Her mom sees her and admonishes her about touching my baby, but seeing as she wasn't the sick one (the son was) I didn't have a problem with it at all, thus opening ourselves up to conversation. The mom says to her daughter, "Ask her what his name is," and the little girl says, "What's her name?" The mom goes, 'No, sweetie, it's a he," to which I respond with, "Actually, she's a girl." Addie was wearing a brown and tan Zodiac romber from Old Navy, so it wasn't clear that she was a girl. Since she's sick I wasn't going to dress her cute and in bows, so I knew she might get mistaken. The poor mother felt so bad and kept apologizing and every time she saw a girl-themed baby item we had she would say, "Agh, I should have seen ______, I'm so sorry!"


I thought it was funny and didn't care at all. I know Addie is a beautiful baby girl, but honestly, I don't see why people get all upset when their child gets mistaken for the opposite sex. Just a funny story I felt like sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment