Tuesday, July 12, 2011

We have paint!

I finally picked paint! Let's backtrack a bit... when we moved into our house in, er, 2009 I had large aspirations in decorating. For serious. Go look at the posts back in 2009. You'll see. Anyway, almost two years later and there's only one finished room, the nursery. And to be quite honest, I still haven't hung two owl hooks or Addie's wooden letters yet so technically I guess that room isn't finished either. Crap. But back to now.

After perusing countless blogs and forums and knowing my current obsession with gray (grey, greigh?) I picked a paint color. Restoration Hardware's Silver Sage (yes, I jumped on that bandwagon. What, you didn't know there was a bandwagon? Well there is. I'm on it.) Refusing to pay RH price, I went with my lovely friend Liz to Sherwin Williams where they matched it in their Cashmere line, in flat. I hate sheen. It's ugly. It looks outdated. Don't get shiny walls. Just, don't.

Not uncommon for me, I went about painting backwards. I chose the color first before deciding which room to paint. I really wanted to paint the master bedroom gray but ultimately chose the living room since I spend most of my time in here and this is the room people see upon entering our house. Also, it's the one room I'm trying so hard to decorate.

My marvelous Martha Stewertesque friend Morgan is coming over on Thursday for a painting party! I'll try to take pictures whilst painting so we can see before/during/after shots. Squeee!!

No comments:

Post a Comment