Sunday, February 27, 2011

Life. My new normal.

So much has happened in the past four months, and unfortunately, I haven't had the time or energy to blog about it. I started back to work Feb 1, and it's been a difficult journey to say the least. My new mantra is the Serenity Prayer:
I need serenity to accept the fact that I cannot be a stay at home mom, but so far, it isn't working. I cry daily because I have to be away from my sweet Addie and it's killing me inside. I told Zac today that either I can't be a good teacher because I'm trying to be a good mom, or I can't be a good mom because I'm trying to be a good teacher. Either way, something is getting the shaft because I have yet to find the right balance.

Then I see I need courage to change the things I can... so what does that mean? What is it that I can change? CAN I be a SAHM? Or, do I need to change my attitude? Is that possible? Because honestly, I don't see how it is...

So, I guess I'm looking at Him for the courage to know the difference because right now, I have no idea what it is. I'll just continue to pray for answers so that I can find happiness again. Happiness within myself, my husband, my family, my work, and my life.

I don't like my new "normal."

2 comments:

  1. Hi There! You post really reached out to me...I know EXACTLY what you're feeling and going through. THIS is why I'm building my own business. My children, my husband and my sanity are so incredibly important to me, and I just don't feel like I'm serving them well with being away at work.

    Have you thought of working part-time, starting your own business, etc? It's worth considering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for commenting. I struggled with posting it because I didn't want to seem weak. Now I'm glad I did.

    I would LOVE to work PT, but I don't know if that's possible with my career (teaching). I'm about to write a blog post about looking into an idea I have regarding my own business, kind of. I would love to be my own boss!

    ReplyDelete